Norton is a robust antivirus that is enabled with the latest technology to provide invincible security to your devices like windows, mac, mobiles, iOS, and many more. But many a time, Norton users find their files and program on their desktop have been either quarantined or deleted which can be painful for them, and are unable to use them. At this point, its users have to learn how to Norton excludes files and folders from being scanned to avoid facing this conundrum. But make sure that as you add files and programs to the exclusion list, Norton Antivirus Setup starts avoiding them to scan, and the probability of invasion of virus and other malicious attack increases. For the purpose of excluding files and programs, its users can use either the scan exclusion window or the real-time exclusions window.
In order to learn how to, Norton excludes files and folders from being scanned, to begin with selecting a folder, and then download the files and programs to the selected folder. When you think of downloading an unsafe executable file to this folder, at this time, your Norton antivirus will neither block your downloads nor remove them from your PC. To keep the scanned files and programs, create a new folder so that it can sever its purpose easily.
Make sure that excluding a file and program increases the security risk on your system and it should be executed when you doing so is inevitable. You should be confident enough about your files and program that should not be infected at all.
Norton Excludes Files And Folders From Being Scanned
• To start with opening Norton antivirus software if you find the “my Norton window”, after that you move to the device security and click to open it.
• Soon after move to the main window of Norton product, and click on “settings”.
• In the settings windows, you will click on “antivirus.”
• Under the antivirus settings window, tap on the scam and risks” tab.
• As enter the exclusions/low risks option, the following steps will help.
1. Under the items to exclude from the scans row, tap on “configure”.
2. After that you find the items to exclude from auto-protect, script control, Sonar, and then you can download the intelligence detection row, after that tap on “configure”.
• In the windows which appear, tap on either add folders or add files.
• After that you will find appeared dialog box, and you will be asked to select the item that you will learn how to Norton excludes files and folders from being scanned. If you go to add folders, you will have to specify either to include or exclude subfolders.
• After that, you will have the option “OK’ to click.
• Under the Add item dialog box, tap on “OK”.
• It appears in the window, tap on “apply” after that tap on “ok”.
Antivirus of Norton excludes files and folders from being scanned with ease. The negative impact of this action will not be in favor of your system that can be accessed by online criminals.
Antivirus of Norton excludes files and folders from being scanned does not seem to be difficult for its users which can be executed by way of following the above-given steps within a couple of minutes. However, if you have encountered any issues, you can contact experts to get support remotely.